2038289429_0b853bf4eb_o
Layouts, Scrapbooking

My grandparents

When I was in Norway last month my grandmother dug out some old photos for me to scan and scrapbook, and I found some really great ones. I love this one of her and my grandfather from the first year they met – I had never even seen a photo of my grandfather as a young man before! I called grandma a couple of weeks ago to find out more about the photo, and she told me about how they first met in a bakery in Larvik, Norway during the war.

(Sorry about the crappy scan – I’ll have to try to take a photo of it tomorrow.)

(I just noticed it’s 2:45 am. Oops.)

journaling.jpg

…and as if the photos themselves weren’t cool enough, look at the sleeve they came in!

klebe01.jpg

klebe02.jpg

For the non-Norwegians out there, this is written in hilariously old-fashioned Norwegian and means something like:

“Only when the photographs have been glued into an album, may you enjoy them properly.”

Indeed! :D

• Reply Solfrid November 16, 2007 at 3:37 am

Så utrolig koselig side, og kjempeflott dokumentert!
    Morsomt å se den posen bildene kom i også, men får sånn nostalgisk følelse… ;)

• Reply Camilla Rekdal November 16, 2007 at 4:27 am

Så utrolig flott den layouten var!!! Digget virkelig alt. Både oppsett og fantastisk flotte farger!!! Også så kult med den gamle fotomappen.

• Reply ania November 16, 2007 at 4:45 am

lol SÅÅÅ KUL!!!! Helt nydelig LO og heldige deg mht envelopen!!! Åååh!! Jeg har også bedt om at mamma skal ta med noen gamle bilder….*håpe* *fnis* Lekker snitt på LO’en forresten :)

• Reply noel culbertson November 16, 2007 at 7:43 am

super cool photo envelopes! thanks for translating… i have a bunch of those from stan’s grandma… (only in english). :)

i always love seeing your pages. ;)

• Reply maria therese November 16, 2007 at 8:56 am

herlig lo og nyyydelig bilde!! så koselig å ha!!

• Reply noel culbertson November 16, 2007 at 9:47 am

ahhhh!!!! ingunn!!! i just saw the announcement on ck’s website!!! YEAH for you!!!

• Reply Elizabeth November 16, 2007 at 10:06 am

Congrats Ingunn!! Yippee!!

• Reply Joscelyne (Joscie) Cutchens November 16, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Congrats on being so super awesome! and I love the old photo quote… how true, how true…

• Reply melanie November 16, 2007 at 12:34 pm

What a beautiful layout. :)
    And a huge ol’ congrats to you for CK- I was wondering when someone would have sense enough to snap you up. :D

• Reply Marie November 16, 2007 at 2:19 pm

leker layout som alltid :)
    Så herlig sitat på coveret til bildene!!

• Reply Heidi November 16, 2007 at 2:28 pm

Herlige bilder, og knall oppsett!!!!!!

• Reply Suzanne November 16, 2007 at 7:33 pm

Beautiful LO! Must be nice to be so talented … ! :^D

And huge congrats on your latest news!! LOL I’ll be able to say I knew you when !!

• Reply Samantha November 17, 2007 at 1:34 am

I love your LO, Ingunn! I adore seeing old photos like this. Just imagine what our grandkids will say about all the gazillion photos we’ve taken!

Congrats on being a part of the CK Dream Team. You are an awesome scrapper, and I look forward to seeing all your fabulous creations!!