sketches.jpg
Scrapbooking

Creative hour (well, *minutes*)

I’m just popping in to a) thank you guys so much for all the comments! You’re the best! and b) ask if there’s anyone else like me out there, because this is driving me crazy – I am only creative about ten minutes each day. I’m serious. And those ten minutes happen to be the ones right before I fall asleep. I’ll be dozing off and then suddenly *pop* I’ll get an idea…and if I don’t write it down immediately, it’s gone forever.

So I always have to keep a notebook on my nightstand where I can jot down whatever thoughts pop into my head. 98% of my ideas for sketches, layout themes, color combinations and journaling come from this book:

sketches.jpg

I think this is why I’m so unproductive at crops when I have to come up with ideas on the spot. I guess I should copy my sketches to a more portable notebook I can bring with me…

Anyway, I should go to bed now (and eagerly await my ten minutes of creativity), so I’ll finish with a layout about JK. Just because he’s been an extra good husband today :o)

you.jpg

(Note how I’ve stapled the flowers for added masculinity. Heh.)

• Reply Marie November 19, 2007 at 3:40 am

Lekker layout :)
    Lurt med notisbok på nattbordet!
    Ser den er spekket med gode ideer!
    Ha en fin dag!

• Reply Latrice November 19, 2007 at 9:28 am

Congrat on the CK DT!!! You are totally deserving. I havae to say when I opened your blog today I couldn’t believe what I saw. I too have a notebook that looks like this!! LOL Seriously I have post-its all over it. I have sketches, ideas, swatches and whatever else pops into my head at the time in this thing!! I totally love it!!! I should probably organize the post-its sketches in there somehow huh?

• Reply collin November 19, 2007 at 3:55 pm

JK, you look suuuuuuuuper!! Don’t you love when your wife scrapbooks pages of you and uses flowers and butterflys and rainbows on it??? I feel so manly…so tough…so macho…ooh, look, “French Kiss” is on!

• Reply Ingunn November 19, 2007 at 4:14 pm

Hahaha!! :D

• Reply Chrissy Le November 19, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Holy cow girl, that’s pretty awesome. I can’t never have ideas pouring out like that. When I do, it’s mostly about digital graphics or designs, but not layouts. I love your idea though!! …and of course BIG CONGRATS TO BEING ON THE DREAM TEAM!!!!!!!

• Reply Joscelyne (Joscie) Cutchens November 19, 2007 at 6:23 pm

love those staples on the flowers… I was thinking that exact thing, hmmm do staples make flowers more masculine? I have a dh and two boys… and bottles and bottles of flowers… :)

• Reply Samantha November 19, 2007 at 8:31 pm

Great LO!! I’m a night owl, so my creativity comes at night, too! I used to keep a notebook by my bed to jot down things I would need to do the next day.

• Reply noel culbertson November 19, 2007 at 11:59 pm

great pic jk! :D :D :D (yes, the flowers look manly with the staples… no matter what collin says!!! LOL!)

i love your book ingunn… my ideas are scattered on little scraps all over my house! i love the shot of your book too… definitely a page in the making!

• Reply Anilu Magloire November 21, 2007 at 5:57 pm

Ha!! I am the exact same way. I ma no good at crops and I too sometimes get up at 1am to sketch an idea :)
    Too funny!

• Reply Camilla Gjerde November 28, 2007 at 7:04 am

God ide. Notatbok paa sengekanten maa innfores. Ser foressten skissen til layouten av dine besteforeldre i mylderet av skisser. Kjempeflott LO, og gratulerer saa mye med plass paa teamet. Vel fortjent!!!

• Reply Teresa November 28, 2007 at 11:31 am

love the layout!!!

• Reply kaja November 18, 2009 at 3:46 am

har du blitt så amerikansk at du skisser på engelsk? =)

• Reply anja September 16, 2011 at 5:20 am

I don’t even understand how I ended up right here, however I believed this put up used to be good. I don’t understand who you are but certainly you’re going to a well-known blogger for those who are not already ;) Cheers!