tradition.jpg
Scrapbooking

Double huzzah!

If you send enough nagging thoughts out there, the universe will eventually listen…that’s right, we got snow!

snow01.jpg

snow03.jpg

snow02.jpg

Unfortunately, when I got up Sunday morning with big plans of building a snow dog in the yard, most of the snow had already disappeared…and now it’s raining like mad and there’s a flood warning. Aah, such is life in the Northwest. At least we had the perfect backdrop for putting up our tree :)

As for the second huzzah…on Saturday we opened Scrappedugnad, the first Norwegian challenge blog! The blog was originally the brainchild of Christine and Mari, and then they gave Ania and me an offer we couldn’t refuse! ;) We needed a good Norwegian name for the blog, so I jokingly suggested dugnad. The name stuck and it ended up being the perfect fit for a challenge blog; it was voted the Norwegian national word and means voluntary communal work :D

Our first guest challenger is Kerry Lynn Yeary, an amazing scrapbooker the four of us got to meet in Stavanger at Papirfest. Here’s my take on her challenge:

Traditions

I melted the sides of the transparency so it curled up (you can’t really see it here; I had to take this photo after dark) – originally I had made a Christmas bow from the Hambly but it was humongous and caught fire when I tried to melt the edges (lol), so I had to go with something simple instead.

• Reply Mari December 3, 2007 at 4:07 am

oohhhh, snø!!! Så koselig hus dere har da!!!:)
    Stolt av å dele denne begivenheten med deg!!Klem

• Reply Anilu Magloire December 3, 2007 at 5:00 am

Another perfect page. Love how you placed the labels. LOVE it!!

• Reply Jorunn December 3, 2007 at 7:05 am

Så koselig hus dere har!! Lo’en var stilig, kul ide å la Hambly’n dele opp mønsterarket på den måten!

• Reply carrin December 3, 2007 at 10:21 am

Så flotte bilder og et riktig koselig hus du har!!! Men jeg stussa på en ting, har du pynta juletreet allerede NÅ?! ;)

• Reply Joscelyne (Joscie) Cutchens December 3, 2007 at 12:17 pm

I love those snowy pictures… and your layout is beautiful, as always!

• Reply Monica December 3, 2007 at 1:07 pm

Snø! Wow! Pyntet juletre! Wow og *dåne litt*.
    Huset deres ser kjempekoselig ut, i hvert fall inngangspartiet, og snø + kveldslys er jo ikke akkurat noe “ukoselig” da *fnis*
    Håper regnet gir seg og snøen kommer tilbake og da må du love og lage snow dog OG ta bilde av den lol.
    Klem, Monica

• Reply collin December 3, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Sno! Pyntet askfie mskfo, ajfijwkla, fajsadfaoasdk !!! I don’t speak Norweigan. (I didn’t just acidentally swear, did I?) we got snow this weekend, too, and I think it’s mean to lock JK up in the house while you leave to party with friends….all he wants is peace!!

• Reply ania December 3, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Hahahahhaa…. caught fire?? Lol!!!! And yay for snøen din!!! :D

• Reply noel culbertson December 3, 2007 at 2:37 pm

ingunn you rock… you got way more snow than we did… lucky!!! i hope you guys still have power… and aren’t flooded today! lol!

great pics! love jk peeking out the window… and i always love your pages. :)

what a cool blog deal, too! i wish i could read norwegian! lol!

• Reply Elizabeth December 3, 2007 at 3:32 pm

I was going to say that we got snow too…but Collin beat me to it!:)

Love your layouts and your home is beautiful.

• Reply kerry lynn December 3, 2007 at 5:06 pm

oh no! it caught fire?? call the fire department!!
    wonderful page ingunn!! just LOVE it!
    xoxo

• Reply Whippet December 3, 2007 at 8:04 pm

That is the cutest layout and what a willing subject:-)

• Reply Ingunn December 3, 2007 at 8:13 pm

I’ll just assume you’re using the word “willing” loosely… ;)

• Reply Solfrid December 4, 2007 at 5:15 am

Så herlig med snø!
    Det så utrolig koselig ut utenfor huset deres…
    Gleder meg til jul!:D

• Reply Allison December 4, 2007 at 10:03 pm

Love the snow pictures and what a beautiful page! Oh and a super cute doggie! :)

• Reply Samantha December 5, 2007 at 7:20 pm

What cool pictures! Your house is lovely. I wish I had been around my house when the snow was falling, but I was at my craft fair the entire weekend. Maybe next time.

Your LO of Bobby is great! I really need to scrap more of Sedona. Hey, they should get together and play one of these days! Sedona may be big, but she’s very gentle with smaller dogs!!

• Reply QVC sale May 23, 2017 at 6:23 am

Also, why do I have a mustache?