2150604939_bf87a1accb_o
Layouts, Life, Scrapbooking

Laptop Longing and Mountain Madness

Ok, so the charger thingy for my laptop melted. That’s right, it melted. I’ve spent a couple of weeks without My Beloved, but yesterday a replacement charger arrived from Hong Kong and HUZZAH! I can play on the internets again!

Christmas = excellent. Will write more when I get the photos transferred.

Visit from my family also = excellent, apart from the fact that the weather was total crap the whole time my brother was here. He spent ten days here and couldn’t even catch one glimpse of Mt. Rainier! My parents are still here though, so I’m crossing my fingers for some clear skies…ugh, they’re going to go home thinking that all the talk about rain in Seattle is actually true (ahem)! Speaking of Rainier:

Mt. Rainier

Journaling: I remember it like it was yesterday – our plane landed at SeaTac Airport and I finally got to see our new home. It was a beautiful clear day, and as we drove from the airport I saw Mount Rainier for the first time. My jaw literally dropped. Towering majestically over everything else in sight was this huge, beautiful volcano. Since that day, whenever I see Rainier, I feel at home. The ultimate experience so far was watching the sunrise from Noble Knob. I had spent a sleepless night in the tent and was experiencing some, ahem, fear-of-heights issues, but seeing Mount Rainier bathed in that early morning glow was like getting an injection of pure serotonin. Getting a glimpse of her is the highlight of any hike! | 10.02.07

(Two corrections: the correct date is 09.02.07 – oops – and calling Rainier “her” just seems wrong to me now…I get a more masculine feeling from Rainier. Anyway…)

Seriously, I’m obsessed with this mountain. It is just so beautiful. Whenever I catch a glimpse of him (heh) I let out a little involuntary “aaah”. After reading Bruce Barcott’s The Measure of a Mountain: Beauty and Terror on Mount Rainier, I’m relieved to learn that I am not the only one to harbor such weird and intense feelings for this volcano.

Random bits of information:

1) Not scrapbooking drives me crazy. Therefore I am signing up for Lain’s January’s Layout-a-Day Challenge, and you should too (it’s free and there will be priiiizes!)

2) Dan in Real Life is a bloody great movie, and not just because Sondre Lerche made the soundtrack.

3) If you live in the Seattle area but haven’t taken the underground tour at Pioneer Square yet, get your bum over there ASAP – we went today and it was so cool :D

4) My personal soundtrack these days, not that you care:

Eddie Vedder – No Ceiling
KT Tunstall – Change
Paolo Nutini – Alloway Grove
Rufus Wainwright – Tiergarten
Eddie Vedder – Long Nights
Willy Mason – Oxygen
Gorillaz – Last Living Souls
Eddie Vedder – Guaranteed
Sondre Lerche – Modern Nature
Nick Drake – Northern Sky
BigBang – To the Mountains

5) I need to get some sleep. G’night and Happy New Year!

• Reply Lisa O December 31, 2007 at 3:17 am

welcome back to the wonderful world of internet! I have missed you!

• Reply Anilu Magloire December 31, 2007 at 4:39 am

The journaling for that Lo is beautiful. Loved it all!
    I get that same feeling when getting into Mexico City, the second I see the Popocatepetl is know I’m home.
    You would love Mexico. It’s mountain after mountain…

So glad you’re back in blogland :) I missed you.

• Reply ania December 31, 2007 at 5:09 am

Ooo masse Eddie Vedder. Approved :P Fjellet/vulkanen ser veldig vakker ut da, enda en ting til på “må-gjøre-før-jeg-dør-listen” min eller (egentlig en “enda-en-ting-jeg-aldri-får-oppleve-uansett-liste” da :p)? Snakkes snart, godt nytt år!! :D

• Reply Lene S December 31, 2007 at 6:31 am

Naturen ser helt fantastisk ut der oppe! Jeg er veldig glad i fjellet her hjemme, men det hadde vært stilig å “hiket” i “deres” fjell også. ;o)

Ønsker deg et riktig godt nytt år!!

Klem!

• Reply Helle December 31, 2007 at 7:37 am

Ah Sondre Lerche. Sigh… Herlig LO, og vakkert fjell. Skjønner godt at du ikke får nok av det! Titter bare innom for å si godt nyttår!! Klem.

• Reply Joscelyne (Joscie) Cutchens December 31, 2007 at 9:06 pm

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I hope it clears up for your parents!

• Reply Jorunn January 1, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Ren og lekker LO :D Kjenner godt til rastløshetfølelsen av ikke å ha tilgang på internett, så hjertelig velkommen tilbake i cyberspace skal du være! Ønsker deg et godt nytt år i 2008!

• Reply noel culbertson January 1, 2008 at 3:38 pm

it’s good to “see” you again, my dear! glad you had wonderful visits with everyone… and yes, the weather was terrible! we finally got sunshine yesterday & the mountains were gorgeous!

happy new year!!!

• Reply Samantha January 2, 2008 at 12:38 am

Happy new year!! Your LO is just awesome. When the weather is good here, I do get to see Mt. Rainer. Travis and I have also hiked up there. It’s beautiful. I just hope it doesn’t blow it’s top anytime soon :)

• Reply Collin January 2, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Happy New Year Ingunn!!

• Reply Maya January 3, 2008 at 3:34 pm

Så lekker side du har laget – som alt annet du tryller frem! Tenk å ha det synet av det vakre fjellet nær seg *misunnelig*. Vi drømmer om å bo over there en gang og Seattle er en av favorittbyene. Pappa bodder der en gang for hundre år siden og snakker bare fint om byen. Ta vare på deg selv *klem*

• Reply melanie January 3, 2008 at 10:52 pm

This is such a beautiful page- perfectly scrapped!
    And I’m dying to visit Seattle one day too. :)

melanie

• Reply Solfrid January 4, 2008 at 1:28 pm

Godt nyttår!:D
    For en flott LO! Lyset på bildene var helt nydelig…
    Skjønner godt at du er betatt av det fjellet.;)