2168163934_3665cd2905_o
Issaquah Alps, Layouts, Scrapbooking

The Mountain Listened…

…and answered by giving us amazing views that day after my whiny post. We took my parents up on Tiger Mountain and ate lunch in front of Rainier:

Rainier

…and then spent New Year’s Day in Discovery Park looking at this:

Rainier

My parents went back to Norway on Thursday and now the house feels really empty…so I’m really throwing myself into Lain’s Layout-a-day Challenge! The page I made the first day is too fugly to show here (methinks a remake is in order), so here’s day two, inspired by this page by Sara Dickey:

Pancha Rathas

Day three:

Shi Shi Beach

…aaand day four (yes, I’m hooked on the Making Memories clips. And circles. And rounded corners. Yes, all my layouts look the same.):

Back Up

A final note for the non-scrapbookers who read my blog (specifically the Norwegians; most Americans seem to have a good idea of what scrapbooking is) – when my parents were here I learned that even though they see almost all of the layouts I make online, they had no idea what I actually do with them. My dad thought I either put them up on the wall (our house would pretty much be wallpapered by now…) or just keep them on the computer. So, I’m here to tell you that all the crap I make is basically just a pimped out photo album. Here are two pages from my hiking/backpacking/whatnot-album:

Album

Ok – the insane wind just cut off our electricity. Gaah! I’ll have to use the laptop as a flashlight and stumble up the stairs to go to bed. Wish me luck!

• Reply Camilla Gjerde January 5, 2008 at 3:19 am

du skriver så artig, jeg må le altså. Lykke til & god natt :) Så bra at dere fikk klarvær da! Og du er jaggu dyktig, greier du å produsere en layout for dagen, jeg står fast på en nå- femte dagen på rad… Blir iallefall gøy å følge med på hva du lager i løpet av året da:) Og så synes jeg virkelig du kan vise dag1, jeg ble kjempenyskjerrig:) Ha en god helg!!!

• Reply Solfrid January 5, 2008 at 5:51 am

Håper du kom deg uskadd til sengs… :D
    Flotte LOer- igjen- liker virkelig stilen din.
    Ha en fin lørdag!

• Reply Elisabeth January 5, 2008 at 8:31 am

Utrolig festlig måte du har å skrive på her, så nå skjønner jeg virkelig hva du driver på med når du “skræppår”…. Du har en herlig stil på LO’ene dine som appelerer godt til meg…håper du har fått en fin start på det nye året, og at det fortsetter i den sjangeren…….

• Reply jen paddack-hyde January 5, 2008 at 10:17 am

Love that picture in you Shi Shi Beach layout…that place is beautiful:) Love your layout too;)

• Reply Mari January 5, 2008 at 10:43 am

me love you:)
    rålekre layouter!!!
    jeg er så absolutt ikke noe “hiking”-person, men du får det til å høres og SE så kjekt ut!! får lyst å hoppe i skoa og trø meg til skogs med engang:)

klem!

• Reply ania January 5, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Teehee …wallpaper haha :D

• Reply noel culbertson January 5, 2008 at 3:47 pm

loving your layouts & pics as always…. i need to get down to tiger mountain…
    we lost power last night too. ugh! then found out that my children hid/lost the flashlights. so stumbled around the house with a candle looking for them. lol!

• Reply sara January 6, 2008 at 6:53 pm

LOL!!! wallpaper that is the funniest thing i’ve heard all day. and at least your layouts are in albums.
    love the layouts and thanks for the lift

• Reply www.apaju-irland.de March 13, 2009 at 1:35 am

I found your topic “Feasts on Scraps » Blog Archive » The Mountain Listened…” when i was searching for children wallpaper and it is really intresting for me. If its OK for you i would like to translate your topic and post it on my german blog about children wallpaper. I link back to your topic of course!