Parag
Scrapbooking

Ugh (and India)

The thing about depression is that even when you feel you’ve been doing really well for a really long time, it will suddenly sneak up on you and just suck the life out of you all over again.

Bah.

I’m trying to hang in there by scrapbooking (usually the best therapy), but I seem to have come down with Reverse Midas Syndrome – everything I touch turns to crap. Therefore I’m posting some old stuff instead, starting with two layouts from my SoY entry. The first is one of the eight previously seen layouts:

Shore Temple

…and this is one of the 12 new ones I made:

Sonya

Both of them are from our honeymoon in India. I wanted to keep the India layouts cohesive, so I decided to use the same fonts (from Quickutz) throughout the whole album, as well as sticking to easy, simple designs (most of the time, heh). Some other double spreads:

Taj Mahal

Beach Bums

Taj Mahal

This is not a typo; we were looking forward to drinking coconut water but it tasted like arse:

COCOnot

I also make one-pagers for the album:

Parag Monsoon

India Crocbank

How to drape a sari Tiger Caves

Ambassador Pancha Rathas

Runde vidunder Palolem Beach

Dropadi Tempel*

Alright, that took all the energy I have right now. Off for some me-time.

• Reply heidi January 9, 2008 at 11:04 am

It was some of these layouts that were posted on 2Peas, that first caught my eye. I have since been so taken by your scrapping. Thank you for all of the inspiration!!

• Reply ania January 9, 2008 at 12:45 pm

RMS eh? Happens all the time *rolls eyes* :p masse lekkert her da :D Imponert over at du er så standhaftig mht India-albumet..men kanskje jeg hadde vært det samme om jeg hadde hatt så mange lekre bilder da :D

• Reply Ann Hedvig January 9, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Ingenting er så pyton, som når du er på vei fremover, og så må ta ett eller flere skritt tilbake :o( Been there, done that, selvom jeg ikke har depresjoner. Men psyken kan slå oss ut på mange forskjellige måter. *stor klem*

Tøfft å bruke samme font gjennom hele albumet, som en rød tråd, nydelige LO’er du lager. :o)

Håper dagen din i morgen blir bedre!

• Reply Heidi January 9, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Nydelige layouter Ingunn!!!!

Klem…håper morgendagen blir bedre!!!

• Reply Joscelyne (Joscie) Cutchens January 9, 2008 at 1:44 pm

((hugs)) I hope you feel better soon. I love your work, and wow, what amazing travels you have had. .. and I coulda told you coconut water is gross. yuck!

• Reply Krystyn January 9, 2008 at 2:06 pm

Absolutely GORGEOUS LOs – I love your work!!

• Reply Vibeche January 9, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Jeg sender deg en liten oppmuntringsklem. Jeg føler med deg og vet hvordan du har det. Sliter med det samme selv og tilbakesteg er ikke noe særlig.

Ellers må jeg bare si at jeg elsker stilen din og disse LO`ene over her er bare helt fantastisk. Kjenner jeg har lyst til å besøke de stedene du har vært bare med å se på albumsidene dine :) Fantastiske.

Big hugs from me

• Reply melanie January 9, 2008 at 4:45 pm

These are all so incredible Ingunn. Your albums must be works of art- I’d love to see them irl. :) I hope you’re feeling yourself again soon.
    (((hugs)))

• Reply noel culbertson January 9, 2008 at 6:41 pm

ingunn i always love you schtuff. :)
    i’ve been hit rms today, too. hope scrappin’ therapy lifts your spirits soon. {{hugs}}

• Reply Jessica January 9, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Reverse Midas Touch is hillarious. I hate it when I have depressed days and I hate it when other people feel down too. For me, I try to remember that sometimes I have to feel down because if i didn’t, than I would have happy days either.
    Your LO’s are amazing, love the look of them. Great job!

• Reply jamie k January 9, 2008 at 8:46 pm

ingunn, these are beautiful!! they seriously are so simple as to not take away from the beauty of your pictures. I would’ve never picked India as a honeymoon destination, but it looks wonderful!!

• Reply Lisa O January 9, 2008 at 11:14 pm

jag vet hur det känns…men det blir bättre! Jag gillar ditt India album! Kom mitt paket fram till dig?

• Reply Marie (Smarre) January 10, 2008 at 12:20 am

Layouterna är helt underbara!
    Skickar en massa värmande kramar och hoppas du får må bättre snart.

• Reply Ellen* January 10, 2008 at 1:16 am

Et gjennomført lekkert album, Ingunn. Takk for at du viser så mange på en gang! Gooood klem til deg – og håper det lysner for deg snart!:o)

• Reply Cynthia Michener January 10, 2008 at 5:52 am

beautiful layouts!!!

• Reply Allison January 10, 2008 at 5:59 am

I love your pages! Very cool that you guys went to India for your honeymoon.

Hope you start feeling better soon! :)

• Reply Anette January 11, 2008 at 4:48 am

Etter alle dine LOer og nylig kinobesøk for å se The Darjeeling Limited er det nesten så jeg får pusteproblemer når jeg tenker på hvor mye jeg har lyst til å dra til India! Ja, ja.. Jeg tar the west indies nå i vinter, så får jeg drømme videre om India!
    Håper du føler deg bedre allerede. Har ingen gode vibber å sende, for jeg har ingen slike selv om dagen :( Men en klem sender jeg over havet!

• Reply Silje January 11, 2008 at 11:40 am

India albumet ditt er helt utrolig nydelig, baade bildene, og LOene

• Reply Anilu Magloire January 11, 2008 at 10:15 pm

You couldn’t produce a crappy LO if you tried and you know it!
    I so get what you are talking about. Depression is a mo fo… Hang in there and scrap a lot!

• Reply stephanie peachey January 12, 2008 at 6:52 am

wow your photos from india look amazing. its on my list of places to go

• Reply Solfrid January 13, 2008 at 4:20 am

Utrolig flotte layouter du har laget!
    Ser ut som dere hadde en fin tur til India.:D

• Reply Morgan January 13, 2008 at 8:03 pm

SO could have told ya ’bout the coconut water, ick! Your layouts are truly stunning, you really would have been a great SoY!

• Reply Silje January 15, 2008 at 6:13 am

Hei. Har striiret på lo’ene dine lenge nå og di blir bare finere og finere og finere!!!
    Håper du føler deg bedre om et par dager!! Vet hvordan sånne tilbakesteg er og skjønner godt at du vil ha litt deg tid! Kos fra Trondheim.

• Reply Jed Lav May 11, 2011 at 4:45 pm

This is genuinely fascinating, You’re a quite skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to searching for far more of your great submit. Also, I have shared your web site in my sociable networks!

• Reply Scrapbook Titles & Quotes September 19, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I love this as much as I love scrapbooking!

• Reply furniture shop May 24, 2014 at 1:00 am

Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for info approximately this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. However, what about the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the source?