Breakfast
Hiking, Scrapbooking

Ask and you shall receive

Yes, the sun has been out all week! After a couple of days of sun-on-face action, my body has kicked into happy springtime mode. Huzzah! I can’t complain when I can start every day by eating breakfast on the porch with Scabbers…

Breakfast

…but I would be even happier if I hadn’t sprained my ankle and could actually do stuff outside without looking like a complete arse:

Sprained ankle

*sigh*

Oh well, for now the fact that I even *want* to get out and do stuff is making me happy. I’ve come such a long way since last year. Now I just need my ankle to heal so I can start getting into shape for hiking season – all the hikes on my to-do list (I know, I’m such a nerd) seem to have wicked elevation gain…this does not bode well for my fear of heights!

Since this post is all over the place anyway, I’ll add this photo of JK from last weekend (pre-sprain) just because I think it’s cool.

Snowshoeing @ Gold Creek Basin

…and the first layout I’ve made in ages! This was for Scrappedugnad this week – not the most exciting layout ever, but the journaling is important to me (and private, so I won’t post it here. So there!):

Walking back to happiness

• Reply Joscelyne (Joscie) Cutchens February 23, 2008 at 5:29 pm

awww, I hope your ankle feels better soon! And I am glad that you are feeling better. Love that picture of JK, what an advenurous life you lead… Don’t forget to add Makapu’u to your hike list!

did you see my dog layout I made? I was channeling my inner Ingunn!
    Glad to see you posting too!

• Reply mi@ February 23, 2008 at 7:13 pm

For noen flotte bilder! Håper ankelen blir bra igjen snart ;-)
    Gleder meg til å se det bildet der av Bobby bli scrappet!

• Reply noel culbertson February 23, 2008 at 11:49 pm

hurray for the sunshine! even with some serious head colds we played outside all week!!! amazing the happy vibes that shoot through you when the sun finally peeks out!

i hope your ankle gets better soon! your pic of jk is amazing! and oh! breakfast on the porch in the sun… is there a better way to start your day???

• Reply Mari February 24, 2008 at 2:33 am

Håper det går bra med ankelen din!
    Sol hørtes herlig ut, her regner det på andre uka:(

Hiking over there ser bare såååå mye kjekkere enn hiking her*fnis*
    Skulle ønske jeg også likte bedre å være ute i det fri….something to work on!!

klems!!!

• Reply Ann Hedvig February 24, 2008 at 2:58 am

Ser deilig ut med sol!!! Kunne ønske den snart kom en liten tur innom her også, lader batteriene ganske godt gjør den også.

Lo’en din var bare lekker og stilig bilde av JK :o)

Håper ankelen din kommer seg fort, sånn at du kan øve til alle turene du har lyst til å gå!

Må bare får kommentere kortet fra JK under her også, skkelig herlig!

klem

• Reply Ania February 24, 2008 at 6:28 am

Haha må nesten være enig med Mari – du (og usa) får hiking til å virke så mye kulere ut enn her..iallefall for meg *fnis* *klem* get well soon!!!! :)

• Reply Elizabeth February 25, 2008 at 1:28 pm

sorry about your ankle! i think you look cute on those crutches!:)

• Reply Solfrid February 26, 2008 at 1:16 am

God bedring til foten.
    Flotte bilder, og flott layout.:D

• Reply Salte February 26, 2008 at 5:35 am

Du har mye å glede deg til når ankelen blir bra!! Så morsomt å lese i bloggen din. Digger overskriften din på denne posten forresten!!!

• Reply kelz February 26, 2008 at 3:00 pm

hello! i’ve sent you some mail on the SIS site… hope to hear from you soon. cheers!

• Reply Anette S February 28, 2008 at 1:21 am

Det er sol i Oslo også om dagen! Kaldt, men jeg kjenner det er vår nå, altså! Håper du er oppe og løper på begge bena igjen!

• Reply jamie K March 1, 2008 at 8:25 pm

where in the world…and I mean what part of Seattle do you live? it looks absolutely gorgeous!

hope you feel better and recover soon!

• Reply Sara Dickey March 4, 2008 at 10:41 am

you’ve been tagged…check out my blog

• Reply Jessica March 4, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Great pictures! love the one of the dog!

• Reply Tracy March 4, 2008 at 1:49 pm

I will be in Seattle on Sunday! (Actually, I arrive around 11 AM, so plan to do a little sight seeing, before driving down to Tumwater, WA where I will be Monday and Tuesday. Have you ever been to the Japanese Garden? I have that on my list – along with the Space Needle. :)

• Reply Tracy March 4, 2008 at 1:49 pm

PS: Hope that ankle is feeling better!!!!

• Reply stacey March 6, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Hi. I’m Mark’s wife. You’ve made some comments on his flickr photo’s. I’m sorry to hear about your ankle. We were backpacking up in the scottish lakes area and I fell and tore ligaments in my ankle and had to hike back out. Not fun. I feel your pain though. I also feel your pain in regards to migraines. It was helpful to read your comment on Mark’s blog. Speedy recovery with your ankle and I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the nice weather soon.

• Reply Linn March 7, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Kjipt med ødelagt ben når man har slike muligheter som dere har.
    Håper du snart er på bena igjen. :)

Nå begynner snart fjelltur-sesongen her hjemme og i år er planen å utforske mer i Rondane. Det gleder vi oss vilt til! :)

Ønsker deg en fin helg.

• Reply nichole March 17, 2008 at 10:35 am

Now that i have read every single one of your posts… (promise i am not a stocker) i feel a little connection.

i have had some amazing happenings in my life, highs and lows, and it is good to hear that the lows can be overcome and the high enjoyed to the fullest. thanks for sharing bit’s and pieces of your story. it has helped me.

hope you will post again soon. although i understand if life gets in the way of blogging… hehe. hope all is well.

n

ps. if you EVER what to have more adventures in utah my husband and i love to have people on our canyoneering, backpacking, climbing and camping trips. really we are just addicted to the sunshine.

we are headed your way (taking a two month long road trip this summer) and if you have any suggetions on things we “have to do” or “have to see”… PLEASE share.

wow, that isn’t a ps…. it is a whole another note…. hehe thanks

• Reply Tessa79 March 29, 2008 at 11:21 am

Heisan jeg har gitt deg en Award ;-) se i bloggen min her: http://memyselfandscrapping.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-card-scarlet-lime-award.html