2384366394_a60b4f6020_o
Layouts, Life, Scrapbooking

Shake some action

I got to be a guest on A True Friend – the pet challenge blog – this week! The topic is your pet’s favorite place, so I didn’t have to think long about this one…it’s gotta be Marymoor Dog Park! We take Bobs there several times a week for an off-leash walk, some quality sniffage and, in the summer, a “voluntary” swim.

I literally have thousands of photos from the park and there is no way I am ever going to scrapbook all of them (a mini album may be in order though, or – shock! horror! – an old-fashioned regular photo album), so I picked three photos from different seasons and put them on one layout.

I’m trying to learn more about our camera and shooting in something other than – more shock! more horror! – automatic mode. It’s so cool to finally feel like I understand what’s going on when I take a photo (and what all the little wheels and nubbins on the camera do), but it has also made me realize I will never be a good photographer…I just don’t have the patience to sit and wait for the perfect light or even set up a tripod. I prefer just shooting what I see while I’m hiking or running around with Bobby or clumsily trying to shoot with only one hand at parties (my other hand tends to be busy holding a glass of Cava). Therefore, it is good to have friends who are better photographers and can do magic in Photoshop and give that magic away for free!

That’s right, Ania made a super-cool Photoshop Action that you can download over at Scrappedugnad. I tried it on this photo of JK in the park – it really brings out that golden sunlight I was trying to capture.

Before and after

• Reply Joscelyne (Joscie) Cutchens April 2, 2008 at 6:16 pm

I love that layout! Bobs looks so dashing in his coat… hee hee. and I love that action too… I’ll have to check it out! :)

• Reply Joscelyne (Joscie) Cutchens April 2, 2008 at 6:17 pm

hmmm I’m guessing the directions are not available in english. thanks for the heads up anyway. :)

• Reply Ingunn April 2, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Lol, I totally forgot that the blog is in Norwegian! The link to the action is: http://filebuffer.org/d/bf34a2762_ania_-_Velvia_Film.atn

• Reply Sydney April 2, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Oi, kult oppsett!! Smart å bruke et bilde fra hver sesong når du hadde så mange å velge i. Det skal jeg ta med meg. Ellers er du ikke den eneste som vurderer å klistre bilder i album på den gamle måten…

• Reply Jaime Lynne April 3, 2008 at 6:27 am

Another fabulous lo. Your recent work has really inspired me to scrap and this lo ALMOST inspires me to get a dog… I’m actually a bit scared of them, I admit! I see you use that font in your title quite often on your los. May I ask what it is?

• Reply melanie April 3, 2008 at 8:33 pm

You definitely need to tell CK to let you write a book! Your layouts are fabulous, every single one of them. Thanks for the link to that action, I’ll try it, if I can ever get my PS program to work. ;p

• Reply ania April 4, 2008 at 7:48 am

Hahahaha…”better photographers” du liksom *fnis* skal la deg få leve videre i troen altså teehee *klem*

• Reply jenn April 4, 2008 at 8:11 pm

love your layouts.. they look so magazine layoutish :)

• Reply kellyangelo April 8, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Not a good photographer?! I’m always so jealous of the shots you get. (To make myself feel better, I chalk it up to a better camera on your part!) ;)

I wish I could get great shots of my IGs!

• Reply Linn April 28, 2008 at 5:20 am

Sååå vakkert sukk, og du er så absolutt god å ta bilder :) Det er som om både farver og motiv popper opp mot en, helt fantstisk :)

• Reply Ann Hedvig April 29, 2008 at 11:14 pm

Hvordan går det med deg, lenge siden jeg har sett noen innlegg på både forum og her i bloggen fra deg. *klem*

• Reply Erinnmad October 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

As opposed to a lot of shoe the latest fashions which come along with move, the buzz associated with [url=http://cheapestuggboots.webeden.net]ugga[/url]authentic ugg boot manufactured in Questionnaire features surged every season. “Summertime ended up being enormous” states jimmy choo uggs, “but given that awesome the winter season provides set in within Sydney we simply can’t carry on.”
    “The actual interest in ladies, males and childrens sheepskin uggs has been incredible, far more than our own goals” claims Dana Beament, owner of Traditional western Australian-based ugg boots dealer boy uggs. “Men and women are buying ugg boots so speedily that we are generally battling to acquire share to take care of the particular order placed. Right now we have been getting again requests and people remain happy to hang on to 3 months for genuine Aussie [url=http://uggsboots.webstarts.com/]sale boots[/url] diploma ugg sheepskin boots boot footwear”.
    What / things you need to do when you’re not able to acquire some traditional sheepskin ugg boots? “Acquire online through Australian trusted online retailers including kids uggs on sale Inches can be suggestion. “[url=http://saleuggboots.seesaa.net/]ugg wedge boots[/url] method for you to locate your own excellent uggs start, if it’s not at present in store you’ll be able to rear order the idea. Shopping on the web for the uggs in addition helps to ensure that you’ll be able to choose from numerous selections for females, males young children and also infants, and acquire a pair inside your preferred design along with color.Inches