Ellie & Andre
Alpine Lakes Wilderness, Backpacking, Hiking, Mount Rainier, Scrapbooking

I know, I know…

…this blog is more hiking than scrapbooking these days. The reason is simply that a couple of months ago I lost all interested in anything pertaining to paper, glue or brads. So I just stopped. I did other stuff. And now it’s back! I want to make stuff again! I’ve been doing assignments these last couple of weeks and after a bit of a rough, Reverse Midas-Syndrome start, I’m happy with the results. Huzzah!

I’m also going to take Cathy Zielske’s class over at Big Picture Scrapbooking. I’m really excited about this, which means I actually did the pre-class assignment early. For anyone who knows me and my procrastinating ways, you’ll understand how amazing this is. Anyway, here it is:

cz02.jpg

There, I mentioned scrapbooking. Now on to the hiking! I just want to do a quick little thing about the trips we’ve been on this summer.

Marmot Pass & Buckhorn Mountain:

To be honest, this one kind of sucked for me. I was really dragging ass after our vacation in Norway (where I basically lived on chocolate and soy dogs), and by the time we reached the pass I was really tired. Amy and I stayed there while Ellie, Brendan, JK and Tom hopped on up to the summit of Buckhorn Mountain. After a very good night’s sleep in the tent, I woke up feeling much much better, so I wish we could have gone up to Buckhorn then instead. Oh well. Photo stolen from Brendan:

Buckhorn Mountain

Spider Meadow:

The weekend after we went on my favorite trip so far this summer. This time we took our neighbors along, and they are basically the perfect hiking partners. We need to do it again! Anyway, after 4 miles or so of forest, we arrived at the sweetest alpine meadow I have ever seen:

On to Spider Gap

We dropped our packs and set up camp in the meadow, then hiked on to climb up to Spider Gap. Looking at it from the meadow it seemed next to impossible, but it really wasn’t that bad (ask me again after I’ve done it with a full pack). After following a steep miner’s path up the mountain, we reached what is left of the Spider Glacier:

Happy as a clam

Movin' on up

Our original plan was to drop down to Upper Lyman Lakes from the gap to get a better look at the Lyman Glacier, but since we had gotten a late start there just wasn’t enough time. At least we could see them from Spider Gap:

Upper Lyman Lakes
Noble Knob:

The next weekend we attended Andre & Ellie’s absolutely beautiful wedding (huzzah!!):

The cutting of the cake

We took some of the guests on an easy hike to Noble Knob. It is pretty much the perfect hike for out-of-town visitors as you get amazing views for next to no effort:

Perfect peace

Ingalls Lake:

This past weekend we beat the heat at Ingalls Lake. I have never been so happy to see cold water before, seriously. Gorgeous, gorgeous place.

Mount Stuart JK Suspended

We also got a close look at the wildfire burning in the area:

Jack Creek wildfire

For this weekend we’re planning another trip into the Alpine Lakes Wilderness, and I am ridiculously excited about it. It’s relatively ambitious for my fitness level (= bad), so we’ll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Ok, sleep now.

• Reply Cecilie August 21, 2008 at 11:33 pm

OMG! For noen alldeles NYDELIGE bilder du har fra turene deres! Kanonflotte steder, jeg får lyst til å emigrere fra kjedelige Norge med èn gang! Blir helt målløs hver gang du legger ut nye bilder :O. Håper scrappemojoen vender tilbake for fullt, og at du vil storkose deg på kurset til Cathy Zielske. Er ganske sikker på at du vil det… *s*

• Reply Solgunn August 22, 2008 at 1:18 am

Så kjekt at du har funnet tilbake til scrappesakene Ingunn! Gleder meg til å se flere layouter fra deg igjen :-D

• Reply Alina August 22, 2008 at 5:16 am

Oh my, that is a great LO, i hope you and Cathy don’t mind me scraplifting it ;)

• Reply raquel August 22, 2008 at 3:25 pm

I love your layout! Is Cathy’s class there in Washington? You always take such amazing photos!

• Reply melanie louette August 23, 2008 at 11:06 am

I’m simply in awe of your breathtaking photos. They really, really make me want to take up hiking. Just wow!

• Reply Linn August 23, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Jeg må virkelig si, jeg misunner deg alle de flotte turene dere får tatt i det fantastiske tur-terrenget. Det er så moro å lese om turene og se de flotte bildene. Enda gøyere er det når du scrapper dem ;) Godt å høre at du har funnet tilbake.

• Reply Jeanne Ann August 25, 2008 at 10:39 am

I have loved your pictures of all your hiking trips. I have always loved (an now miss) seeing them. I will be “seeing” you in CZ’s class!

• Reply Helen Mills August 25, 2008 at 7:06 pm

Love your hiking photos – what lens do you usually take with you on hiking trips – your photos always look fab and vibrant!

Keep posting about hiking – I’m just soaking it all in and reminds me that I love it too – helps when I’m having one of those lazy weeks!!

Helen

• Reply ania August 27, 2008 at 12:10 am

Ingunn, YAY!!!! MISS YOU!!!!!! Og scrappinga di. Men deg og. *fnis* *klem* løveli bilder as always :D Hvis jeg noengang går langturer så er det takket være deg altså. Fortsatt i tenkestadiet når det gjelder det!

• Reply Anilu Magloire August 29, 2008 at 5:20 am

The scrap is perfect as always.
    I am so jealous about your amazing mountains!!! I would live outdoors too if I had those places at my doorstep.
    Enjoy!!!

• Reply Tracy September 3, 2008 at 4:52 pm

Hi – love your vacation photos – I always enjoy reading about and looking at your trips! :)

I am taking Cathy’s class too! Look forward to “seeing” you there! ;)

• Reply User links about "scrapbooking" on iLinkShare October 30, 2008 at 3:49 am

[…] user-saved public links | iLinkShare 1 votesolympic scrap # 3>> saved by jake2020 1 days ago1 votesI know, I know…>> saved by sango712 1 days ago4 votesCrafty Scrapbooking Idea: Buttons to brads Tutorial>> saved by […]