KOTM
Scrapbooking

CK Kit of the Month

Lately our weekends have been so amazing (seriously, hiking in Washington = Prozac) that it is really hard to keep the happiness flowing throughout the week. Now that the gloomy shadow of fall and winter (and the Seattle monsoon season) is rearing its ugly head as well, it’s getting even worse. Solution:

1) get one of those magical happy lamps
2) find new winter-type hobby (consuming foodstuffs and beer does not count as hobby)
3) surround yourself with memories of better days

I’m getting started on number three. We’ve already bought a huge canvas of one of our Mt. Rainier photos (the one in my blog header actually) to hang in the living room, and I’m going to frame some nature photos for the bedroom so I’ll be more inspired to, well, get up in the morning. And for the scrapbooking room/office: photo folders!

KOTM

I’m using Lisa Bearnson’s Kit of the Month to make these, and it’s freaking awesome. I just got my paper trimmer and some adhesive and sat down to make this while watching an episode of Veronica Mars.

KOTM

KOTM

KOTM

Super-easy, super-sweet. Here’s to hoping winter will be a little less grim this year!

• Reply raquel August 28, 2008 at 8:32 pm

I gotta say it…yet again! Lol! I love your photos! So monsoon season is barely starting there? That’s pretty weird. I grew up in Arizona and ours was during summer. I would love to visit Washington someday….maybe the Army will take us there! Lol! I don’t mean to pry or anything, but do you get depressed because you are so far away from home? I can somewhat relate. My hubby was stationed in Germany and we lived there for three years, which the first year was the hardest for me and so was his deployment because I seemed to be the only spouse with no kids living on the fourth floor of an apartment building! Lol! All I wanted was to go back home to the states. Eventually, the homesickness subsided and I was thankful for the opportunity to live in another country and now I
    do miss Germany a lot, but I don’t think I’d want to be that far away from my family again! But, here I am on the other side of the country! Lol!

• Reply Gabi Fulcher August 28, 2008 at 8:57 pm

Wonderful mini. Would make a great gift. Love your photos too.

Yep, the fall is coming and so is the winter. Last year I spend coutless hours flipping through my scrapbook, trying to remember what sunshine looks like during those horrible rainy days and snow storms.

Lets hope this year will be much nicer with tons of fall colors to admire and beautiful days for snowshoeing later on.

• Reply Jaimie Mulheron August 29, 2008 at 7:06 am

#4 – Go south for the winter! :) We are just getting into some great weather after the unbearably hot summer. 2nd best time for outdoor activities (the best time being spring)
    We changed our plans (obviously) and now are going up to the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest and hopefully a quick stop at Great Basin on the way home.
    Love, love, love what you did with the KOTM! It’s BEAUTIFUL!

• Reply Linn August 29, 2008 at 8:55 am

Så utrolig flott! Og det er en kjempefin idè nå som høsten har kommet.
    Den har virkelig kommet her gamlelandet også :) Nå har vi hatt noen dager med bortimot 20 grader på dagen, men ikke så langt unna frost om natten. Håper de gode minnene hjelper deg gjennom mørketiden. :)

• Reply Solgunn August 29, 2008 at 1:24 pm

Den var kjempeflott, en god ide og super løsning på “rammeproblemet” ;-)

• Reply Dana August 29, 2008 at 7:36 pm

Just move to Southern Arizona and you will never have to face another winter.

• Reply Ina August 30, 2008 at 2:10 am

Så lekker den var! Du har en så utrolig flott måte å lage ting på, alt blir like behagelig og delikat.
    Kan jeg spørre hva du har laget de store bokstavene av?

• Reply kelly purkey September 3, 2008 at 10:43 am

i love what you did with the folder kit! the 4 little pics was such a great idea!

thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog today, ingunn! that means a lot coming from such a talented person like you :)

hope you have a great week!