2865860275_c40ae7e8cc_b
Alpine Lakes Wilderness, Backpacking, Hiking, Top Trips

Four days of Enchantment

Sometimes there is so much you want to say but you just can’t seem to find words that will do your adventure justice. Last week we spent four days backpacking in the Enchantments, and I have no idea how to describe it. The word perfect comes to mind…In lieu of words, I’ll let our photos do the talking:

JK & Prusik Peak Rune Lake, as seen from the toilet :) Prusik Peak

Prusik snuggles

Looking back

Wide-angled at Leprechaun

Handsomeness

The world is silver and blue

JK & Prusik from the tent

Brace yourself

Goats out for a morning walk

Conclusion #1: the Enchantments = heaven on earth

Conclusion #2: I love multi-day backpacking and want to go on some longer trips next year

Conclusion #3: I have a slightly disturbing love (fetish?) for alpine lakes

Reflectopr0n

• Reply Solgunn September 22, 2008 at 10:51 pm

For et flott turvær dere hadde. Ingenting er jo bedre enn å være ute i naturen da. Du hadde forresten sikkert likt Dolomittene i N-Italia. Litt langt unna deg dog.. Jeg har ikke gått fottur der selv, men vært og snoka i “mine bedre år” :-) Synes å huske liften gikk opp til over 2000m så en flying start.

• Reply Amanda September 23, 2008 at 7:54 am

Ingunn, I totally lurk on your blog just to see your gorgeous pictures and be jealous of your travels! :) Wow. Once upon a time (before we had kids) my husband and I did more hiking and camping, but I wasn’t a scrapbooker then and didn’t take many pictures at all…so seeing yours just makes me long for days past and hope for days in the future. Thanks so much for sharing!

• Reply Joscelyne Cutchens September 23, 2008 at 7:56 am

These pictures are fabulous Ingunn! FABULOUS! I wish the boys and I could come for a visit and see those cute chipmunks! alas, airfare is such an inconvenience to the life I’d like to lead. ha.
    Thanks for sharing, and you look great!

• Reply Jorunn September 23, 2008 at 8:10 am

Wow, turene deres er til å bli misunnelig av, mye på grunn av de flotte bildene du tar og ikke minst måten du beskriver dem på :)

• Reply Linda Barber September 23, 2008 at 12:19 pm

Hey girlfriend! Holy cow, we haven’t chatted in a while. So much fun checking out your hiking photos. Such amazing views. (Making me all twitchy and wanting to go out hiking. NOW!) Love that you guys always take a photo of you two in MySpace fashion. ;) Hugs!

• Reply kellyangelo September 23, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Absolutely breathtaking. You make hiking look like fun!

• Reply Heathyr September 23, 2008 at 7:23 pm

Ingunn… I want your photos to be mine! WOW! You need to scrapbook those – these are just UTTERLY stunning!

• Reply Vibeche September 24, 2008 at 6:57 am

WOW for noen nydelige bilder, jeg ble nesten rent misunnelig her jeg sitter. Skulle ønske det var meg som hadde hatt meg en slik tur, det ser helt idyllisk ut. Fantastisk nydelig

• Reply Kelsie September 24, 2008 at 7:15 am

A love for alpine lakes can never be disturbing! You’re photos of this special place turned out absolutely gorgeous!

• Reply Enfield April 29, 2009 at 12:05 am

Wow, now this is what I like! Keep up the good work!

• Reply Nored May 1, 2009 at 8:26 am

wow! just was talking about this with friends at affluence org! interesting for sure…

• Reply Harer May 29, 2009 at 4:34 am

wish the politicians would think like this… lol…

• Reply Tappendorf June 2, 2009 at 10:08 am

nice blog and post

• Reply Helaine Brockel August 18, 2011 at 2:22 am

I enjoy your story, allow me to bookmark this website and also return here in next few days.

• Reply hiking and camping December 30, 2011 at 9:57 am

Wonderful items from you, man. I have take note your stuff prior to and you are just extremely excellent. I actually like what you have got here, certainly like what you’re stating and the way in which during which you assert it. You’re making it entertaining and you continue to take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is really a terrific web site.