2967708229_b47525485d_b
Albums, Scrapbooking

Huzzah for 12×12

I am still not over how cool it is for me to use 12×12 albums. I made a couple 12×12 layouts when I first started scrapbooking, but soon realized that 8.5×11 was more my thing, so I just stuck with that. Now that I have these new albums, however, I am totally obsessed with the freedom of mixing page sizes. Combined with the whole Library of Memories system, this has made scrapbooking fun for me again.

Andre & Ellie

There were so many photos from Andre and Ellie’s wedding that I wanted to have in my album, so I had a bunch of 4×6 photos developed with a white border and put them in a divided page protectors (from We R Memory Keepers). Anything that gets my photos of the computer and into the real world is fun, no? I love the absolute laziness of it; anyone could do this in five minutes.

Lazy 4x6 scrapbooking :o)

Here’s the back (I added some photo descriptions on a 4×6 piece of cardstock):

The back

I wanted a place to keep all the memorabilia, so I used one of the 12×12 folders from a CK Kit of the Month as the base for my layout and snuck the invitation, save the date card and menu (Andre & Ellie’s wedding was all vegan and the food was fantastic) into the folder.

Invitation inside the folder

Some of the random layouts that finally have a home now that I am using 12×12 albums: one of the first layouts I made (before found my style…) and the page JK made the time I forced him to scrapbook – how cute is that?? Almost better than the Valentine’s Day card I got this year:

Old layout Layout by JK!!

I’ve also added pages that other people have sent me, like this super-cool one made by Ania from when we were teaching at Papirfest (I miss you guys!), and have embraced the opportunity to use really weird page protectors like this “hinged” one I used for the party layout (Design Your Life classmates: this page protector can make jumping the gutter feel less traumatic!):

Layout made by Ania Weird, hinged page protector

Last, but absolutely not least – the albums (from We R Memory Keepers) look pretty freakin’ cute on my shelf. :o)

Thank you for all the kind words and virtual baked goods after my last post – I am happy to announce that I am back to my happy healthy self again. I went to the gym today for the first time since…uhm…some time before the Enchantments. My muscles and lungs don’t like me very much right now, but it felt really good to move again after being sick for so long. I also took Bobby for a looong walk yesterday so we could pee on fire hydrants (him) and take in all the Autumn colors (me). Hopefully the weather will stay good so we can breathe in some fresh mountain air this weekend!

Oh, and speaking of the gym – am I the only one who thinks Seth Rogen looked much hotter when he was “fat”?

• Reply Kirsten October 23, 2008 at 10:52 pm

Åh- du er jo bare så utrolig inspirerende :D
    Jeg har forresten leita etter sånne plastlommer med plass til 6 stk 4×6 bilder eller annet til å ha i scrappealbumene mine, men uten hell gitt. Kanskje jeg må leite litt på andre siden av dammen… Uansett- jeg digger ideen og har brukt en lignene variant i noen flip-flopalbum til familien da jeg skjønte at jeg aldri i verden kom til å orke å scrappe hele album i julegaver mer enn den første gangen *hihi*
    Digger LOene dine- og den hundebein-LOen er jo bare fabelaktig kul!
    God helg, stor klem, og så snakkes vi plutselig!

• Reply Camilla Gjerde October 24, 2008 at 1:53 am

Så gøy å lese posten din, du er så organisert, både på layouten og i albumene! Utrolig lekker layout du har laget, og det ble så flott med de oppdelte lommene til bilder, og den brettelommen var rå!!
    Så flink du har vert og vert på trening, ugh. Jeg sitter i sofaen enda, til mitt forsvar har Bergen ikke gitt meg annet enn regn siden jeg kom hjem. Det skal bli godt (tungt) å jobbe&bevege seg litt i helgen! Ha en fortreffelig fjelltur =)

• Reply Silje October 24, 2008 at 2:50 am

Ja jeg kan nok huske at du hadde en litt annen scrappestil da vi hang hjemme hos Hanne :) Men må si jeg beundrer at du fortsatt klarer å være så produktiv. Og di albumene ble jo rå flotte!! Tror jeg må investere i noen slike jeg å for selv om jeg ikke har scrappet på 9 mnd. så har jeg lo’er for et par album liggende i en skoff her..
    Ønsker deg en super fin høst!!

• Reply jen paddack-hyde October 24, 2008 at 10:33 am

I definitely thought Seth Rogen was hotter when he was “fat”

• Reply melanie October 24, 2008 at 5:30 pm

Give me the info on those albums, pretty please, they look so sleek and beautiful!
    I think I will have to adopt this method ASAP, my pics are out of control.

• Reply DianeH October 24, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Love how you put it all together will be getting those 4×6 page protectors and adding a white boarder… and i’m with melanie…what brand are those albums…very sleek looking!!

• Reply Sylvie L. October 25, 2008 at 2:07 am

Ingunn, you never stop amazing me! Fa-bu-lous job!!!!!!

• Reply Joscelyne Cutchens October 25, 2008 at 10:15 am

I LOVE it! :) I have those file folders sitting here for just the right project. that kit was super cute. I haven’t been to the gym since septemeber some time. I’ve been sick off and on 3 times since! Hopefully I’m kicking the last of it off so I can get back to the gym.

• Reply ania October 26, 2008 at 12:26 am

Omg um. Layouten min ser litt stakkarslig i det fantastiske albumet ditt *blush* Øh. nevnte jeg at jeg som regel hater layouter eldre enn 2 uker??? ugh! *dobbelblush* Men atte….fantastiske album&albumsider da, digga fargelabelsene på baksiden og fnis :D I’m with you på Seth Rogen, han ser bare ikke helt “riktig” ut nå liksom…veldig søt i knocked up!

• Reply Tracy October 26, 2008 at 7:47 pm

Hey – do you mind if I ask what kinds of albums you are using – love the look of them!

PS: Seth Rogen was def. hotter when he was heavier!! I mean – aren’t we all?? (At least, that’s what I tell myself every time I look in the mirror!)

• Reply Dansk design November 30, 2008 at 7:01 pm

Dansk design

Interessant tråd her…ser frem til at læse mere når den opdateres :-)

• Reply Ronny Brilowski January 30, 2011 at 6:47 am

Hi just thought i’d let you know something.. That is twice now i?ve landed in your blog within the last 3 weeks trying to find completely unrelated issues. Excellent Info! Keep up the great do the job.

• Reply Programacion web valencia November 30, 2011 at 10:26 am