Scrapbooking

Longing for Canyon Country

I was gathering my latest layouts to post them here, and suddenly I realized that they are all from the desert. Methinks my brain is telling me we need another Southwest vacation soon… :D The first three are for Cathy Zielske’s Design Your Life class – most of the assignments are perfect for hiking layouts because there’s room for so many photos while still maintaining a good focal point. Now that’s my kind of scrapbooking!

This one happened because a) I had some leftover photos from our two trips to Zion that I wanted to use, and b) because I wanted to put them in our Places We Go album. There are plenty of layouts from Zion in my old 11×8.5 hiking album and in the Southwest Road Trip album, but nothing in my main albums. Since Zion is our favorite National Park (so far – I have high hopes for Yosemite!), it needed some lovin’ there.

Zion National Park

Egads – no patterned paper! Can’t remember the last time I did that.

Valley of Fire

I never thought I would end up scrapbooking this photo of me looking, ehm, FLABulous and overheated in a COWBOY HAT, but it really does the job of conveying the absolute horribleness of being out of shape and running out of water on the way out of a canyon. So here you go:

The long way home

This one is a non-Cathy layout from Havasu Falls. Yeah, we’re pretty much going to have to go back there as well. Hopefully it will be back to its beautiful self once it gets cleaned up from the flash flood. The chipboard tree and leaves are from the same CK Kit of the Month as those transparent elements I love so much.

Escape

I am still sick (and tomorrow JK is going hiking without me – hrmf), but we had a good Thanksgiving anyway. We made a tasty little feast (including the yam soufflé I’ve been dreaming about since last year) and snuggled up together on the couch with Bobby to watch Dan in Real Life. Love that movie. I hope you all had a great long weekend with your friends and families!

Thanksgiving on a 6x4

• Reply melanie November 29, 2008 at 9:53 pm

Each one is amazing, but you save the best for last, and it’s your own design, surprise!! ;) (not) These layouts are just so pure and beautiful. :) I’m always in awe of your photography and your crispy images. What lens do you use for indoors, the 50?

• Reply Lisa November 29, 2008 at 11:59 pm

great layouts, Ingunn! What beautiful photos. I am so behind in the DYL class, it’s embarassing! lol! You’ve really made the sketches your own.

• Reply Anette S November 30, 2008 at 2:21 am

Nydelige sider! Må være gøy å scrappe bilder med så fine farger! Ser ut som om dere hadde en kjempekoselig kalkundag selv om du er syk. Selv om jeg akkurat har spist frokost ble jeg litt sulten av bilde av maten deres. Nam!

• Reply Marit December 1, 2008 at 1:48 am

nyyydelig! :) Supert om du kunne skrive inn et innlegg om hvordan du praktisk går frem for å lage en LO? Tenker da på bilder og bildestørrelser. Du er kjempeflink!

• Reply Dana December 1, 2008 at 8:11 am

Wow, these pages are so exquisite. Zion is an amazing place to hike and I LOVE the water fall shot, it’s also one of my favorite places there. Vally of fire – haven’t been there in years! My husband has been to Havasu falls but I have yet to get there – one of my goals! Your style is so superb and I love your hiking photos!

• Reply kerry lynn December 9, 2008 at 9:01 pm

zion *sigh* miss it SO much!
    hope you’re feeling better!
    xo

• Reply ania December 10, 2008 at 3:30 am

:D
    Seriøst. Du bør vurdere en fremtid innen reklameutforming ellerno. Diggediggedigg :D Mange av layoutene her ser ut som tatt fra turistbrosjyrer, og da mener jeg ikke de simple, eh, snodige, men de fine, ekslusive!! :D

*stor klem*:)

• Reply Anilu Magloire December 10, 2008 at 3:47 pm

You have no idea how much I want to visit WA. Your LOs make it look like such an amazing place.
    I am so jealous that you have such gorgeous paces for hiking… Miami is kinda flat.

• Reply Jaime Lynne December 12, 2008 at 10:02 am

I never believed the beauty of Zion could be captured anywhere but you managed it with the photos and lo. Great job! You have reminded me how lucky I am to live so close to the canyon country. Thanks for that! AND I think the cowboy hat photo is adorable!

• Reply stacyj December 19, 2008 at 9:28 am

Ingunn,

I LOVE your scrapbook pages. They are gorgeous and clean!!
    Thanks for the link to your husband on cross country skis — how fun.

Thanks too for reading my blog.
    {hugs}

• Reply Libby January 1, 2009 at 8:37 pm

So glad you left a comment on my blog. Now I have lots of wonderful layouts to be inspired by. And wow, what a beautiful part of the world you live in.

Libby

• Reply Jorunn January 13, 2009 at 5:24 am

Wow, så utrolig flotte layouter, lekre og rene – jeg digger dem!!

• Reply Nadine January 16, 2009 at 3:29 am