Hiking, Mount Rainier

Another Day in Paradise

Apparently I should whine more often…after the last post, just when I needed sunshine and views the most, I was given exactly what I yearned for. The forecast called for sun above the cold layer of fog in the lowlands, so Carlos, JK and I drove down to Paradise on Mount Rainier to see if we could, well, see anything this time. Two weeks ago we could barely spot each other in the whiteout

The boys and Tahoma

The Mountain rewarded our patience with the best, sunniest, hottest February mountain weather I have ever experienced! The boys brought skis (I would too if I had any to bring) and we snowshoed our way up above Panorama Point to McClure Rock:

I was there too

Enjoying the view of beautiful Mount Adams:

Let's go there

The boys trying a bit of skiing:

Whee!

Carlos and JK with Mount Adams and Mount Hood in the background:

About to drop down, leaving me in the dust

We stayed there as long as we could, regretting not getting an earlier start so we could have gone to Camp Muir – but now we have a very good excuse to go back!

Happiness on a mountain

One of the parking lot residents:

Bushy tail, purdy eyes

It was a perfect day (even though I managed to twist my ankle as I was running down in front of the boys to try to take some pictures of them – so my whole early morning gym experiment has been a big fail so far), and hopefully it recharged my batteries enough to last another week. I really needed this.

Trip report on NWHikers.

• Reply Libby February 11, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Love your photos. Never get tired of looking at them. How’s the ankle doing?

Libby

• Reply Eli Kristin February 11, 2009 at 1:50 pm

Nydelige bilder – du opplever de mest fantastiske turer og den naturen du har der må bare oppleves. Blir stum av beundring over bildene og turene!! ;)

• Reply Samantha February 13, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Beautiful pictures, Ingunn! I’m glad you were blessed with some gorgeous weather so that you could get out and have a good time. You got an awesome shot of a “silver” fox, aka a red fox. I wish I would have been there!!

• Reply Nicole S February 16, 2009 at 6:25 pm

Wow – you have the most awe-inspiring photos!!! Love catching up on your adventures.

• Reply nicolemartel March 7, 2009 at 4:16 pm

wow, what a great shot!!!

• Reply Admin March 23, 2009 at 6:30 am

how can I found much picss by this post?

• Reply Fans March 24, 2009 at 2:09 am

You may use Google for ig, thank you..

• Reply Arianalync May 13, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I think you love dark color

• Reply Bob Yoder May 18, 2009 at 6:02 am

I’m happy you are insprired by the pictures of Ashford Trail, on Education Hill. For adventure, you may want to poke into the Hartman Forested Bog Wetlands – it’s as good as it gets for a wetland in Redmond.

Your photos of Ranier and Camp Muir brought back memories of my days mountainering. We climbed up Sunset Ridge. Scariest thing I ever did besides decending Rincon Mtn. unroped in the Tetons.

Your stories make me want to head to the hills again. It’s been a looooong time. I like your dog friends. Regards, Bob Yoder

• Reply buy stevia March 6, 2011 at 1:06 am

this was obviously a genuine very good post. My service company is in real truth looking for in the direction of the subsequent submit.

• Reply Tai Ast September 23, 2011 at 4:38 am

Hey, This is a Excellent post. I was checking this blog continuously and I’m impressed! Very helpful info particularly the last part) I appreciate such info very much. I was looking for this particular info for a long time. Thank you and good luck to you. Thank you, very much