Hiking

Escaping to the land of sun and red rocks

Remember how I was complaining about not being able to go on a vacation to the Utah area this spring? Well, we ended up getting a somewhat last minute chance to go, so our huzzahs were heard around the world. We dropped everything and headed off to Nevada and Utah for a week of canyons and general awesomeness.

I don’t have time to write much about the trip right now, but I did write a trip report with lots of photos on nwhikers.net if you want to take a look.

Vacation album in the making

(Butterflies from Quickutz, cut out with the Silhouette.)

In a display of uncharacteristic efficiency, I am already halfway done with my album for our trip. I wanted to share some pages from it today but the photos I took look like crap and I’ll have to wait until after the weekend when my lovely assistant JK can help me. I’ll see you on the other side of the three-day weekend!

• Reply Jaime Lea May 21, 2009 at 12:15 pm

We are headed to Zion NP for our annual trip this weekend. How I wish I had your gift for photography so I could capture the park in all its splendid glory. Can’t wait to see the album… share soon! And welcome back.

• Reply Libby May 21, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Hi Ingunn,

LOVED your trip report and all the wonderful photos. It looks like you had the most amazing time. I’ve not done much hiking – just some in central Australia last year – but I loved it and seeing your photos makes me want to do more. Can’t wait to see the album.

Libby

• Reply Anette S May 22, 2009 at 9:23 am

Wow! For noen bilder! Selv denne lille jenta som synes det er langt å gå til butikken har lyst til å dra på hikes jo! Du, hva slags page protector er det du har der? Den så lur ut!

• Reply jennifer paddack-hyde May 24, 2009 at 6:07 pm

I can’t wait to see your layouts, Your photos are always AMAZING. And I’ve always wanted to hike in Utah so I love seeing where you go:)

• Reply Jodie May 24, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Really looking forward to seeing the finished album. love your work.

• Reply Jodie May 24, 2009 at 7:36 pm

looking forward to seeing the finished album. love your work.

• Reply Jodie May 24, 2009 at 7:37 pm

oops, sorry about the double comment.

• Reply nicole s May 27, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Stunning little butterflies, and I think even more stunning photography (of the little butterflies!). Love your stuff….