3769622793_a6581300e2_b
Layouts, Scrapbooking

Holy heat wave, Batman!

Things are amiss here in the gray land of coffee and rain: Seattle broke it’s all time recorded heat record today by reaching 103 degrees. Gaahk! Our house is 94.3 at the moment and my viking body is not happy about it.

It’s pretty much too hot to do anything else but go swimming or collapse naked in front of a fan, so I went for one of the least active activities I could come up with – scrapbooking! Unfortunately the upstairs office (where all my scrap crap lives) was baking in the sun, so I had to drag some paper and supplies downstairs. I quit after this one layout because the process of cutting things was making me sweaty and, as it turns out, fans and paper don’t mix. Sure felt good to make a page again though. Scrapbooking, I missed you!

This is a lift of a page by the wonderful Jessica Sprague from the September issue (I love how you get the September issues of magazines in July) of Creating Keepsakes. I got to use my new favorite font, Reuse by Quickutz.

I’m off to go take a cold shower (and I should probably force the pups in there to cool them off a bit) and then go to the movie theater to take advantage of their air conditioning. When it’s cold outside you can at least put on more clothes; this is torture!

• Reply Erica Hettwer July 29, 2009 at 4:43 pm

Cute layout! I’m heading to my mom’s house where there is A/C as it’s 107 here! Blech! I’ve got too much Norweigan in me to like this heat! LOL!

• Reply Lisa July 29, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Oh, Ingunn, I LOVE this layout! I just got my September issue today, but haven’t flipped through it yet. I think I will scraplifting you…scraplifting Jessica. lol!

• Reply Libby July 29, 2009 at 7:48 pm

Great layout. Hope it cools down for you soon.

Libby

• Reply nina July 29, 2009 at 8:18 pm

Gorgeous layout, as always! Boy do I love your scrapbooking style. We’re getting hit by the same heat wave as you, up here in Vancouver, Canada – today was supposedly the hottest day for us though – tomorrow’s a couple degrees cooler. Hooray!

• Reply Hildegunn July 30, 2009 at 2:06 am

Herlig LO igjen, flotte bilder og farger, stilig oppsett!
    Du tar så flotte bilder, kjempeflink er du!

• Reply Lauren July 30, 2009 at 11:28 am

lol… i love that you call it scrap crap… that’s what my hubby does too!

lovely layout… icecubes in front of the fan work wonders!

• Reply Ann-Katrin July 30, 2009 at 12:00 pm

Så flott at du kom igang igjen og stilen har du beholdt. Flott side og fine bilder.

• Reply Dawn August 2, 2009 at 4:06 pm

LOVE your page so much! I’ll be scraplifting YOU!! My husband is a huge backpacker (he is in the Bob Marshall right now) and your pages are so perfect to use for tons of inspiration when I finally scrap his. THANKS!