Alpine Lakes Wilderness, Hiking, TNAB

O’er the Ramparts we watched

Alright, I’m so behind on photo processing and blogging that I’ve realized that the best way to deal with it is to just post our most recent adventure and pretend like I haven’t missed months worth of terribly exciting content. Maybe I’ll catch up at some point, maybe not.

Rampart Ridge

I’ve been fighting the dreary doldrums lately (ok, so it seems like I always am), but Josie shook me out of my marmot-like state of hibernation and got me out on my first TNAB hike in two months. Ach, my burning lungs and quivering loins!

Back after a two-month TNAB hiatus Ready to descend Wellie with alpenglow

Our destination was Rampart Ridge, a short but oh so steep hike to an area so gorgeous it’s hard to believe it’s right next to the freeway. I had been feeling iffy all week (possibly a lingering something-or-other from a bout of food poisoning the week before), so I got the privilege of feeding the heather on our ascent. This was the first and, hopefully, the last time I have ever vomited on a hike.

Even though I got to taste my lunch twice, I was so happy I went. Great group of people, a beautiful, hazy sunset, a fun trail…it was enough to jolt me out of my malaise for an hour or two.

Rampart Ridge | 4.5 miles | 2,200 feet elevation gain –

Nature's staircase

• Reply Libby August 7, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Hi Ingunn,

Well, you might be having a rough time of things but sure you look happy up on the mountains. I thought of you on our recent trip to Scotland when I saw hikers around – thinking how much I wish I could do what you do :-).

Libby

• Reply Ellen* August 8, 2010 at 1:04 am

Fantastiske bilder! Det øverste…wow!
    Håper du føler deg bra nå og har en strålende søndag!:o)

• Reply Eli Kristin August 8, 2010 at 3:08 am

Fantastiske bilder fra fantastiske turer – rett og slett! :)

• Reply Aina/sommer August 8, 2010 at 3:15 am

Ser ut som en flott tur.Og at dere storkoser dere:)
    Nydelige bilder som alltid♥

ønsker dere en fin søndag

• Reply Georgiagef September 16, 2013 at 6:23 pm

burton snowboarding bag nokia 3390 faceplates cga du21 battery servicing management magazine scansofts pdfconverter os8000 isqueez foot massager report writing courses cd pioneer North Face Australia recharger world expo rire et chanson nokia phone software deuter child carrier hp photosmart 385 omega juicer 9000 rim 7250 hip hop mixtapes boswellia odor control products Gucci bags dell dimension 4300 amd fx psycholinguistics film and video production chili powder cezai998 luggage trolley seemann swimming workout sa he70s gucci bags pc350e cheap boots bapesta real estate international proof reading course personal information management pc2700 ddr333 lace front wig

• Reply Hermosaqzl September 17, 2013 at 6:37 pm

sonyericsson k750 transform your life professor longhair pet passports out of the box Jordan shoes トッズ 人気 catch basin vintage luggage plus size party dresses painbrush 1g flash drive kitchenaid ksm90 cell phone contracts forever in my heart locket トッズ アウトレット games playstation 1 norton anti virus 2003 download great lakes photography santrock development satellite case