5693441855_f46b8aff5e_o
Layouts, Scrapbooking, The pups

A return to paper and glue

I kinda sorta left the world of scrapbooking behind when I got hooked on the cocaine that is hiking. The spare bedroom we call our office is overgrown with old scrap crap and has become a sort of dumping ground for all sorts of stuff we can’t be bothered to find storage space for elsewhere.

I thought my crafty days were over, but once in a while I’ll get hit with the urge to make something. It’s good to have a rainy day hobby when you live in Washington, right?

This morning, inspired by some old videos I found of Bobby, I dug a tunnel into the Room o’ Paper (and Assorted Homeless Items) and put together this simple page about our farewell hike to Noble Knob last summer. It’s pretty much just a paper version of the blog post I wrote back then, but it’s nice to have a real, tactile version of our favorite memories.

i <3 u

I also found (among the Hoarders-style stacks of junk) this old dog-themed album and decided it’s time to make the pups their very own album. This is exactly the kind of mental thing that only the very bored and childless would do.

Album for the pups

I’m sure Wellie will love having his very own scrapbook he can cherish forever and, as Tom said, “show his grandkids photos of the fat white and black dog he used to hike with.”

Friends & Frenemies

• Reply Jonna May 6, 2011 at 11:28 am

Så kjekt å se at du scrapper igjen! Digger stilen din :-)

• Reply Aud May 6, 2011 at 11:34 am

love the pages — you’ve always been one of my favorite scrappers. And the top photo on the first layout is just stunning. That light? Wow.

• Reply Solgunn May 6, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Synes hundealbumet ditt er bare helt herlig! Keep ut the good work :)

• Reply Aud R. May 6, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Å, det var på høy tid! Kjempefine sider! Du har så mange nydelige bilder å bruke, og jeg er sikker på at vofsen setter pris på å ha sitt eget album :)

• Reply Jo May 6, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Crafty & well written? You’re the whole scrapping package!

• Reply Annie May 6, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Hi! I love your scrap pages. I admire that you don’t need fancy scrapbooking products to make your stuff look amazing. KEEP SCRAPPING!

• Reply tangent May 6, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Så gøy å se at du scrapper igjen. Har savnet LOene dine. Liker stilen din veldig godt. Kjempefine LOer!

• Reply Susan C. May 6, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I’m so happy to see you scrapping again! I absolutely love your layouts! The dog album is awesome… you shouldn’t think otherwise! :)

• Reply Tracy May 6, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Hey!!!! Don’t knock the dog album!! Asher has two of them!! ;)

I didn’t start scrapbooking until we lost our greyhound, Mercury. I started out by collecting – papers, embellishments, etc, stuff I thought would be good for an album about him. I ended up using a lot of that material making a book about Asher when we first got him – and that’s when I started scrapbooking! I did make Mercury an album later, which I love.

Love your layouts, as always!

• Reply Jenn V May 7, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I love your pages! The first hiking page is amazing!

• Reply ania May 8, 2011 at 8:27 am

Hahaha :) Og så kjekt du finner tid og lyst til litt scrappings igjen! :)

• Reply Luv2talk May 9, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Your pictures are too awesome not to scrap. You got the storytelling down pat, too. Share it with the world; skillz like that shouldn’t be kept to yourself. :)

• Reply Laura @ First Class Great Outdoors May 10, 2011 at 10:27 am

I love your layouts! I love how you used your photos in the top one – I’m always hoping to be creative in that way, but somehow never quite achieve it :)

I hadn’t read your posts about Bobby before. They brought a tear to my eye. As the mommy of two furry children, I understand how deep the love of a dog goes. And what a beautiful tribute to return Bobby back to his mountain.

• Reply Patty O'Malley May 13, 2011 at 3:33 pm

How sweet! Nothing is wrong with making an album for our furry children! Treasure the memories!

• Reply Alisha May 28, 2011 at 10:58 am

I love your pages I have them book marked on two peas as well, it’s great to see you scrapping again! I love your page on Bobby. Believe me it is not just the childless who do things like this I have two wonderful kids but I love scrapping my gorgeous spaniels as well( one of whom is called welly by the way!!) I love hiking as well I live in the Lake District in England (also very wet!!) I love your hiking srapbook pages they are so inspiring.

• Reply Anilu Magloire June 1, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I am jumping for joy to see your pages! I hope you get the urge to scrap more often cause I LOVE your LOs. Please, make more? Pleeease!!

• Reply iris June 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Yeah, I have a walk-in closet that sounds like your craft room. Sort of abandoned while I have outdoors, summer activities to do.

• Reply Sabine June 5, 2011 at 3:33 am

I love your layouts AND your photography! Keep scrapping!

• Reply Nora June 7, 2011 at 1:10 am

Aww fine sider! Jeg har et eget album til vofsen min jeg… ^^ (Og ja jeg er også barnløs haha)

• Reply Maricel C. June 7, 2011 at 3:45 pm

It’s great to see that you’re back in the game! Beautifully simple layouts as always. Keep scrappin’!

• Reply Marine January 6, 2013 at 7:39 am

I love your layout and your photography !!