Me

Oh, hello there Internet

I seem to have neglected you.

Well that’s a lie, as I have definitely not been neglecting the internet, but I have neglected this blog.

I only seem to post trip reports here these days, and lately not even that (this is related to my impressive procrastination skillz when it comes to processing photos). I’m having trouble deciding what to share on this blog, how personal to make it. My favorite bloggers share a lot of themselves and that’s what makes their writing interesting, at least to me…but then I get self-conscious, knowing that so many people from my non-interwebs life read this. You know, all the people who, unlike you, don’t live inside my computer.

I like it here

On a totally unrelated note, I’ve been thinking a lot about Everest lately, namely trekking to Everest Base Camp. I’ve wanted to do this ever since I read Into Thin Air (though I realize that any sane person would be motivated to stay as far away from Everest as possible after reading that book) back in ’07, but I assumed it would never happen since JK shows no interest in spending his hard-earned vacation time freezing, hypoxic, and riddled with food poisoning. Then it occurred to me, why not just go on my own? Join a guided tour and meet some like-minded mountain lovers while sharing a bowl of dal bhat by the cozy heat of burning yak dung?

I’m turning 30* next year, so methinks it’s time for one last hurrah before I qualify for Medicare.

*holy crap!

• Reply k November 10, 2011 at 12:20 am

I say go for it!!

I want to do the Annapurna Circuit someday.

• Reply Ewa November 10, 2011 at 1:46 am

Everest Base Camp? Go for it, make me insanely jealous. :)

• Reply Andra November 10, 2011 at 3:50 am

Please don’t stop posting your trip reports! You are one lucky gal that gets to experience amazing adventures. Your stories and photos make my world wider and give me ideas to add to my “to-do” list.

I say go for Everest Base Camp while you are young, have the time, the health and the money.

• Reply Kelsie November 14, 2011 at 8:54 am

It’s difficult to find the balance of what to share online vs. what not to share. I always enjoy your posts though, and I suspect I would enjoy them just the same if we knew each other outside the computer.

Everest Base Camp! Exciting. I’ve been having similar thoughts (why not do it on my own?) about hiking the AT.

• Reply Heather@Just a Colorado Gal November 14, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I think trekking to the base of Everest is totally sane–and I think it would be awesome! I’m not sure I’d ever attempt Everest itself though :)

Have you ever heard of the Snowman Trek in Bhutan? That’s the one on my list!

• Reply Laura @ First Class Great Outdoors November 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Everest would be incredible! You should definitely do it!! Not only would it be an amazing experience, I’m guessing the courage to go it alone would be inspiring in itself.

I always love your trip reports – they make me wish I lived somewhere else :) The decision of what to share and of how personal to be is an individual choice. I, too, love reading blogs where people share about their day-to-day lives. It makes them real, and it often inspires me to live my life more fully.

No matter how you choose to go forward, I will remain a faithful reader :)