Nora 026
Layouts, Scrapbooking

That indoor hobby

Recently I decided to excavate a path through all the clutter and general life debris in our office in order to have access to my scrapbook stuff again, and man alive, I’m hooked! I thought it would be harder to find time for stuff like this when I have a kid, but in a way, it’s become easier – I no longer have time to sit and hem and haw and try to find that elusive perfect piece of paper or whatever. Now I just grab whatever is close by, and don’t stress if my margins aren’t totally even. I’m a recovering perfectionist!

Another thing being shorter on time has made me think about is which stories I choose to tell. Right now I’m focusing on Nora’s baby album, our vacation album, and my own life lessons/paper Prozac/personal stories album.

I Hiked This

That’s where this one will go, part 162 of Ingunn Slowly (Really Slowly) Realizes That She Can Do Hard Things (my Beat the Blerch page will be installment 163). I’ve documented the gloriousness that is the Enchantments several times before from backpacking trips, so this time I just picked one favorite photo and let the others be.

Remember This

I think this is one of my favorite pages ever, not for looks, but for content – this will probably be the last page of Nora’s baby album and is full of little details I want to remember of her at one year old. She changes so quickly, and I’m sure half of these things will disappear from my memory in a year or so.

One thing I haven’t figured out how to document is Nora’s hiking. A separate Nora the Explorer album? Or just a yearly summary spread with additional pages for special hiking stories? Hmm.

Here & Her

I originally thought this page was for her baby album (or her hiking album, I guess), but then I realized it actually belongs in my life lessons album. The lines are blurry there.

• Reply Cory September 22, 2015 at 9:37 am

brb tearing up real quick. So sweet. This makes me want to scrapbook!

• Reply Misti September 22, 2015 at 9:54 am

Great layouts! I want to incorporate more typing in mine but my studio is in a different building without a printer. Your layouts look so clean. I echo the time thoughts…you just squeeze the time in as best as possible.

• Reply Ingunn Markiewicz September 22, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Heh, meanwhile I’m trying to build up the courage to use handwriting on my pages!

• Reply solgunn September 22, 2015 at 11:08 am

Takk for at du deler. Veldig kjekt å se og imponerende at du har laget et helt babyalbum innen hennes første år. Vanskelig det der med inndeling, kanskje du bare skal scrappe de historiene/bildene du har lyst til å fortelle og så faller resten på plass etterhvert.

• Reply Ingunn Markiewicz September 22, 2015 at 12:41 pm

Å nei nei nei ærru gæern – jeg mente at det er den siste layouten kronologisk, siden hun er ett år der…albumet blir nok ikke ferdig før tidligst 2023! ;)

• Reply solgunn September 22, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Det var nesten litt godt å høre du ikke hadde alt på stell riktig enda :lol:

• Reply Tracy September 23, 2015 at 4:33 pm

I love your scrapbook pages — love your style! These are amazing as always!

• Reply Heidi September 25, 2015 at 4:02 am

Har alltid elsket scrappesidene dine! De er så gjennomførte og rene og med nydelige bilder. Nesten så man har lyst til å finne fram saks og papir igjen… ^^

• Reply Catherine September 29, 2015 at 7:40 am

Your photos are amazing. Beautiful child, layouts, and photos.